Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tidbits from the Tyler HouseMouse

Welcome to the Squeakings of a HouseMouse!  Recently a friend of my daughter came to visit and we were entertaining 4 of my 7 grandchildren, or had been, and I was flustered and tired.  She recommended some music to soothe the savage breast and materialized her I-Pod and headphones and I immersed myself in the haunting melodies of An Ancient Muse by Loreena McKennitt.  The album is fantastic.  Some of the music reminded me of a desert caravan crossing the sands under a moonlit sky.  She is from Canada and her earliest inspiration came from Irish and Scottish music.  After listening to the music for the first time, I got on the internet first thing the next day and ordered the album.  Now I play it almost every night when I am ready to relax and meditate or just drift away in thought.  The 7th Annual Canadian Folk Music Awards will be held on Sunday December 4th, 2011 at the Isabel Bader Theater in Toronto where she will be a featured performer.  I believe her latest album is titled The Wind That Shakes the Barley.  If you want a taste of freshness and something to relax to, I highly recommend her music.  Thanks Liz for introducing such a talent into my hectic evening routine.  I really enjoy it and plan to acquire more of it.

On a different note, here at the Tyler HouseMouse abode, we are redoing our kitchen.  I am the happy owner of a new refrigerator and will soon acquire a brand new range.  I have a very generous husband who never seems to tire of buying me nice things.  He purchased a new TV and has plans to buy a dishwasher too which all make my life easier.  He's a very special person and asks for very little in return.  A very deserving man and I am happy to take good care of him.  Thanks Baby!  I really appreciate all the things you do for me!

I also have a rose garden in my backyard and I sit in the shade of our orange tree and admire his handiwork.  Beautiful roses with little statues of children at play among them; symbolic of our grandchildren.  We have plans to repaint our abode and create colorspots of beautiful potted plants around the homestead and we all will participate in the renovation of our abode.  We are very lucky to live in beautiful San Diego, and partake of the beautiful climate, even though it's warmer than I care for at present.  The roses don't seem to mind the heat.  Compared to the rest of the country, we are very blessed to have the climate we do. 

Enough variety for this first entry on the Squeakings of a House Mouse.  Stay tuned for recipes, family traditions, tips for reducing stress in the upcoming Holiday Season and more.  Hope you enjoyed this short snippet of musings and will come back for more.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I'll bet you're gonna meet some cool people with this one. Keep up the great work. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete