Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Poetry of Life and It's Many Facets

Life can inspire us if we let it.  We all project things into our lives by how we think.  You can change your environment by what you dwell on.  If you are a happy person, you draw happiness to you.  If you are sour and mean, you draw the mean who will encourage you to continue in this same vein and you can end up a miserable person who doesn't even like themselves.  But if you awaken the inner poet, if you can see the beauty of the world and never cease to be amazed that such a beautiful world is only the beginning, then life will take on new meaning.  I guess I have always been a poet at heart and I see things differently than a lot of people.  I remember my childhood, playing in the sand lot's and going to the river to wash grandma's car.  We'd drive to the river on Sunday when she'd come from the city and we would wash the car and ride inner tubes down the river in the shallow parts.  She would bring us good things.  Food, new clothes, toys, just everything.  My Grandma is the person I patterned myself after.  She always looked out for me, and if I needed to be on a diet, she'd take me to a good doctor and help me lose weight.  She was my idol, but I didn't realize it for a long time.  One thing she did that really put me on the right path, was to take me to church with her on Sundays.  I accepted the good Lord Jesus into my heart at the young age of 12, and I felt deeply that I was called to help others in any way I could.  I brought my best friend to the foot of the cross, and she too accepted Christ.  I've been on this journey ever since, and I am now 65 years old, have 3 grown children, a wonderful husband who is also my best friend, and 7 wonderful grandchildren who love me to peices.  I also have a very close walk with Jesus and that has led me to write many peices that hopefully will inspire, comfort, and lead others to find the same happiness and meaning in life that have comforted me and lead me to deeper and deeper experiences with God.  The following prayer is something I wrote a long time ago, but it is still relevant today and it is something I want to share and hope you will enjoy.

          Rose of Sharon, thou bright Morning Star, shine your radiance
          upon us.  We beckon to you from afar.  We know not how to
          cross the roaring tide that keeps us from you.  We search, but
          grow weary ere the search is done.
          
          Thou canst span the oceans of time and touch us, awakening
          new life and meaning within us.  So help us.  Our strength is
          small and our problems huge because of our position.  We see
          not, nor comprehend as you do.

          We are as babes - we know so little - but cry so loudly if our
          needs are not met, today!  - this hour! - this very minute! 

          Teach us to wait.  To be patient.  To be loving and kind and
          wise.  Teach us to be receptive to others and to yield our
          own spirit to the Holy Spirit.

          Show us true reality.  Not what we think "is", but what
          "really is" real.

          Before the sun sets in our lives and the chance to be all these
          things passes away, show us that if we just open the door of
          our heart, You will come in gladly and share life with us and
          teach us about you and the love you have for us.  We need
          you today, more than we have ever needed you before.  Call
          us to you....don't let us slip away into darkness Lord.  Teach
          us the way of the cross and the sacrifice you made for love.

          In The Holy Name of Jesus, Our Lord and Savior, I pray,
          Amen

This prayer was written when I was working, and before I met my husband.  I had none of the things I have now, but I had the King of Kings in my soul.  I had more than anyone could want, because I knew God.  I really believe with all my heart that my husband is a gift from God.  He has everything I ever needed, love, devotion, honesty, principles, and he is, as I said before, my best friend.  I have learned a lot from him and I am one of the happiest people you will ever meet.  I just want to share this happiness with the world, and if I can help someone, I am more than delighted to do so.  You don't have to believe as I do, you don't have to be a Christian, you don't have to go to church to find Him.  He is in the eyes of love that look at you from others.  You can look into your chidren's eyes and see love.  And God is love.  How Kind and Wonderful He is.  He knows life is hard.  But He has promised never to leave us nor forsake us.  I must share this happiness because it is too great to keep inside, locked away for my ownself.  When I share my love, I get a constant supply of more love than I know what to do with.  It gives me energy, insight, inspiration, love in abundance, and gentleness and kindness.  He lives within.  He is in your heart...look within and find the peace waiting for you there.  Know who you are, who you can be, and strive to be the best person you can possibly be.  You can change your world by who you are.  It's all within. 

No comments:

Post a Comment