Monday, March 12, 2012

Healthy Eating

I apologize for not posting for so long.  I have been busy with grandchildren and just feeling lazy.  I made something over the weekend for the grandchildren to enjoy and so I thought I'd post it here.  It is easy and very simple and oh so tasty. 

             Ingredients

      6 baking potatoes slided lengthwise
      4 large chicken breasts
      Mrs. Dash (as much as you like)
      1 can cream of chicken soup
      Pam

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray large caserole dish with Pam Non-Stick  Cooking Spray.  Clean potatoes and slice lengthwise.  Rinse chicken breasts, trim off fat and slice into strips.  Place slices of potato in caserole.  (I used a glass caserole instead of metal)  Layer chicken on top of poratoes.
Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash generously and a little lemon pepper seasining.  Warm up cream of chicken soup and add 1/2 can milk.  Pour over chicken and potatoes, and cover with tin foil.
Bake on top shelf of oven for 1 hour.  I also made a pan of biscuits, I used the premade frozen ones that only require baking to enjoy.  No muss, no fuss.  You will enjoy the hot buttered biscuits along with the creamy potatoes and chicken.  My grand children are rather fussy about what they will and will not eat, so I didn't wax inventive with them.  If you desired, you could add onions and carrots and maybe even a healthy helping of frozen peas.  But that would be something they wouldn't eat so I just made it simple and tasty!

Enjoy!

Regards, Bonnie 

1 comment:

  1. GREAT DISH!! VERY FILLING AND OF COURSE WE ADDED PLENTY OF VEGIES TO IT. THIS WILL BE A KEEPER FOR SURE. THANX FOR A DINNER OR LUNCH IDEA! :)

    ReplyDelete