Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Poetry to Ponder

    Sometimes a poem can distract us from the sober business of life, and often give us a different perspective.  I wrote CARNIVAL about 3 years ago in one of my lighter moments.  I am much too serious most of the time, and sometimes we just need something light and airy.  CARNIVAL is just that. 

    The second poem, HAPPINESS, is a discourse on all the beauty I have found in life and a hope that you too will find the same happiness.  It takes all types of happiness to make a world.  If you like them, feel free to comment.  I love hearing from folks!  ENJOY!


              CARNIVAL

         Life is a carnival, tried and true,
         It makes silly clowns of me and you.

         We ride all the rides, and eat so much food
          throw caution to the wind if we're in the mood.

         When the fun day is over, we look to the skies,
         and see all the stars, it's no surprise.

         I wonder what manner of God He can be,
         when He gave it all up for clowns like we.

         The light show continues, through the hours of
          the night
                                                      
                                  
         And the sun that is rising, put's worries to flight!

         Carnival....enjoy it!


                   HAPPINESS

         My life is full, like a red, red rose
         Just how it happens I don't know.

         I ponder it often, a secret to find
         perhaps its the people who've been so kind.
                              
         Perhaps its the robin in the distant trees,
         Perhaps its our pet, asleep on my knees.

         It could be the grandkids who are so sweet,
         or even the slippers upon tired feet.

         Whatever the reason I hope you find, a life
         full of happiness and peace devine.

         Smell all the roses, so lovely & sweet,                        
         greet all the people you happen to meet.

         Gaze at the sunsets so warm in the sky,
          ponder the Blue Jay as he flies by.

         There's so much to enjoy, and so much
         to see,

         The beauty of life, the waves of the sea.

         Life is a treasure and I hope you find,
         a life full of meaning,

         A path that is kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment