Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Taco Dogs

One of my favorite treaets is just a plain old hot dog!  I have a new twist and I hope you will try it and let me know what you think!  The ingredients are listed below:

                Ingredients

          1 Package Ball Park Franks
          1 Package Wheat Hot Dog buns
          1 Package Taco Mix
          1 Package Extra Lean Hamburger
          1 White Onion Chopped finely
          1 Bottle Your favorite mustard
          1 Bottle Taco Sauce
          1 Small can tomato sauce
          1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

Brown 1/2 white onion, chopped, in a little olive oil.  Add hamburger and brown.  Drain off excess fat.  Add 1 package taco seasoning following instructions on package and add small can tomato sauce.  Boil franks or brown in small amount of margerine, until throughly heated.  Steam buns.  Place frank on steamed bun, add your favorite mustard, onion and taco meat.  Top with Taco sauce and serve with your favorite side dish. 

These are easy to make and a delicious change from regular hot dogs.  I like to serve them with regular Pork N Beans, and a side of cole slaw. 

Let me know what you think of this simple and tasty dish!

3 comments:

  1. ID HAVE TO SAY IT WAS NOT HALF BAD WE HAD SOME COMPANY OVER THIS PAST WEEKEND AND ALL 4 PEOPLE GAVE THUMBS UP!! HERE IS A IS A DISH IF YOU HAVE A SWEET TOOTH THIS IS THE BEST THING EVERY I AND SINCE YOU HAVE GRAND KIDS THEY WILL LOVE THEM EVEN MORE ENJOY!!

    Peanut Butter Cookie Dough BrowniE
    Adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

    9x13 pan of brownies, baked and cooled
    1/4 cup salted butter, softened
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1 & 1/4 cups pretzel m&m's

    Directions:

    1. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugars, and continue creaming until light and fluffy, about 1 minute more. Add the milk and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the flour, and continue to mix at low speed until fully combined. Stir in the m&m's.

    2. Spoon the cookie dough onto the cooled brownies and spread gently into an even layer. Slice into squares, and prepare for your life to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND I USED REESE'S PEICES INSTEAD OF PRETZEL M&M'S

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked the hot dogs! I know about 1,000 ways to fix dogs because they have always been a favorite of mine. When my Mom would fix liver or some other disgusting dish, she always made a couple of hot dogs for me because I refused to eat liver and chicken gizzards and all that weird stuff...Ha Ha.... Thank you for the recipe! I will make it this coming weekend for the grandchildren. We are all trying to lose weight, but the kids could not care less about losing weight! I will definitely try it though! Thanks again! I'll keep you posted on the newest dish I've cooked up. I love doing new things and hardly ever make the same thing the same way twice! Happy eating!
    Best Wishes,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete