Friday, October 21, 2011

Reflections

Stillness.  Withdrawal from the world.  Peace is mine.  For years I dealt with the red dust.  Now I am free.  My home is my refuge.  Away from the tribulatios of every day out in the world, my mind is still.  The beauty of nature is one of my delights.  Another is a steaming cup of hot tea served in my favorite cup.  The face of my grandchild, deep asleep.  The love of my family.  A bountiful meal prepared with love.  My home...a refuge from the elements.

My rose garden, planted by my husband with love and labor.  Pictures of
loved ones from years gone by. My comfortable, warm bed where  I rest
after the labor of the day.  This pen and paper that help me to record my reflections on a life well-lived and the blessings of stillness.  The gift of perfect sight after years of poor vision.  The skilled hands of the surgeon who removed the diseased lenses from my eyes and replaced them with new lenses, allowing me to see as I've never before seen.

The smiles of our children, grown now, and finding their way.  The love of God, shining down from the heavens.  The Tao, my roadmap through
life.  Wisdom.  My treasure, after years of learning and study.

Everything I see is full of wonder.  The autumn colors of nature.  The storm clouds of winter, bringing rain and wind.  The fresh air after a rain-storm.  The smell of fresh coffee after a good nights sleep.  The sweet innocence of a new-born.  The moon shining through dark clouds.  The stars on a clear night.  The rising of the sun.  My husbands blue eyes and loving embrace.  The labors and love of my daughter who does so much for me.

Our grandchildren, our sons' creations of love.  Life returning new life that will continue after we are gone.  The return to spirit after our journey on earth.  All things have a purpose.  All life is sacred.  Everything is beautiful to the eyes that see with love.

My soul is at peace after years of medication and therapy.  Now, rest,
reflection, prayer and meditation take the place of pain and rejection
of the past.  Life is full of love. I created children with the man I love.
He has given selflessly for years, and continues to give every day.

My life is full of love and peace.  I can create beauty in all I do if I act
from love.  Pure love is the presence of God.  God is love and peace forevermore. 

I rest in God.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I wish i had the stillness in trusting the lord as you do. I worry everyday about everything. We are having our first snow on wednesday and instead of thinking, how beautiful this is, I think, I'm going to die in a car accident. It is so nice to hear that you are at peace. I love you Mom with all my heart. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you Axeman! I wish you had the trust that I do as well, but when I was your age, I too worried. Mostly about my kids not being at home with me, but I think it's quite natural to worry at times. Jack and I were in danger every day. We could have died on
    the freeway, or a plane could have crashed at the air strip at the fuel farm. Many things at that time in my life worried me I think. But I have had 15 years of life away from the world and I deliberately cultivate the good things of life and at night I turn our bedroom lights down low and put on a meditation CD. It is so peaceful and relaxing, and I reach a place of perfect peace and rest. When the snow begins to fall on Wednesday, and you can get outside, just look up into the falling snow and know that the good Lord that makes the snow fall, knows your fears and wants to wipe them all away. Remember, God is not the author of fear and worry. God is the author of peace, and love, and of a sound mind. Relax as much as you can and buy yourself some meditation music to play when you get ready to sleep. You have to practice stilling your mind frequently thrughout the day. Just close your eyes and try to think of nothing but your breath going in and out. Then try to relax every muscle in your body for a few minutes. I doubt if you can do this at work, but you can at home. Commit your worries to God. Only God can control the events that happen in your life. Let Him be in charge! I am glad you enjoyed this, and I will be posting more later on. Take care of yourself and let me know how your leg is doing! I love you mucho much! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try. The devil has his hooks deep in me. I worry about everything under the sun. The ones that are the most frustrating are the things that I have no control over. I think I am going to go to therapy and maybe get on meds for anxiety. Did you know they call anxiety the silent killer? I dont want to worry anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just reread this comment from you and I wish I could just hug you and wipe away all your anxities and worries. I love you so much Alex. I know perfect peace, even when I am so tired and only know in your heart that Jesus is the good Shepherd and He loves you and your family and if you trust him, he will take care of all your loved ones and all that worries you. Jesus is kind and loving, but He is also strong and in complete control of the Universe and everything that happens in it. Just be thankful that we aren't in control. I wouldn't have his job for any amount of money! Anxiety is the devils tool to dig at your mind and make you worry about everything. Jesus crucified your worries a long time ago. He was Holy, full of love and He knew what he was doing when He told God, I will do it. Send me. God knew mankind would sin. The shepherd was sent the minute Eve was munching on the apple and offering it to Adam. He left right then from Heaven and came to earth to wipe out Satan's hijinx. He is he only answer to all our problems and I wish I could just plant this in your heart and mind and give you the peace you are seeking. Keep reaching up, keep seeking, but believe at the same time that God is omnipotent and in control of all that there is.
    I am praying for you and I know you will find the peace you so need. Good Night Honey. Love U, Mom

    ReplyDelete