Friday, November 18, 2011

I Am

I have been away from the city for fifteen years.  I don't remember the exact day I found Tao.  But I must cultivate it every day and build upon the peace and purpose it brings.  Those around me may not be kind to one another, but "I" must remain peaceful and centered.

I cannot be helpful if I allow myself to be drawn into the fray.  I am a vessel for light.  I long for the fullness of Tao.  To be forever growing and flowing with Tao.

My teacher no longer directs me.  I must find the wonders of Tao on my own and make it mine.  The Tao is for everyone.  Much wisdom and grace await the true seeker.  I will stand fast in the center and not be drawn into the maelstrom that the world presents.

Forgiveness is the key.  To cultivate kindness bring it's own rewards.  "May all be kind to each other."  The Buddha waits.  The Buddha loves and is patient and kind.  All are Buddha.  Enlightenment is for all.  All may receive the light.

Be Buddha.  Be Tao.  Find the "I am" in yourself.

Be.

2 comments:

  1. You make some good points. It seems so simple doesn't it? Be nice. Do unto others. Judge not. I wonder why that's so hard to follow. I guess as long as we wake up and make the effort every day then we are contributing something positive to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is good all around us and the way is so easy that even a fool can find it. That's what the Bible tells us. It also says, ask, believe, and receive, but we don't usually ask for things to benefit our sprituality. We ask for material goods, when He's alredy said He knows we have need of these things. But praying for wisdom, knowledge, faith, hope, is foreign to most people. I fall short every day in meeting my own goals. I am not perfect yet even when it's a commandment. Jesus said, "Be ye perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect." Even Jesus said that he himself wasn't good, only the Father. But you are right! When we get up each day and try to be our best self and love and judge no one, even when we fall a little short of the mark, that day counts and those inclinations can help to lead us farther down the path to enlightenment. I have walked this path for many years, 52 to be exact. It get's easier with time and effort, and He promised to go with us every step of the way. I didn't know at 12 that I was Schizophrenic when I asked Jesus to forgive me and to come into my heart and change me. He even saw to it that I moved away from my friends so he could get my full attention. Then He taught me many things that would benefit me for the rest of my days. And He didn't leave me, even though I felt alone. He was always there in the shadows and that's where we usually find Him. In those quiet hours of moments He comes. Thank God He came for me and changed my whole life.

    Love you Honey,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete