Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Years Plans

Hello everyone!  Here's hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the true meaning of the season was present in your day.  It was in mine.
We had 9 people to celebrate with, including our 4 grandchildren that live here in San Diego.  There were many gifts, and we had less money this year than usual, but we did some careful shopping and found bargans everywhere.  

Then, when all is said and done and we are getting ready to celebrate the dawn of a New Year, hopefully we all make a few resolutions to live better next year.  To lose weight is on my agenda, to paint more pictures, knit or crochet more blankets for the grandchildren, draw, read more, create good meals for all of us, help my family to lose weight by eating healthy, keep up with my health concerns, paint my home inside and out, write more poetry, keep up my blog's better, organize all my own personal things, and on and on it goes.  I truly hope I have the energy to get these things done!  I will be also trying to help my grandchildren that live here, and send gifts and letters and make more calls to the 3 grandchildren that live in Colorado.

The new year beckons, and we should all consider seriously the plans we make for our futures.  The Universe is unfolding as it should whether we get onboard or not.  It's easier to sit and watch TV or some other idle activity, rather than get busy with our own lives.  It is also true that many of us work outside the home, and when we get home from our regular jobs, we have a million things to do before we tumble exhausted into our beds and try to catch the winks we need before we begin another day.  I know.  I worked for 28 years.  But I have been retired for 15 years and I have had major health issues to deal with, and now I feel great, am getting my health issues all taken care of, and will try to keep up with all the things there are to do here at home.  

I love trying new recipes, and creating heathy meals for my family.  That includes my grandchidren that are here on Monday and Tuesday after school.  The oldest is 13, the youngest is 4, and the 2 in the middle are ages 11 going on 12 in February, and one that just turned 10.  They are so precious and need heathy food, so I try to feed them well-balanced food and help them in anyway I can to live good, and productive lives.

The new year holds a lot of promise.  365 brand new days to live and to hopefully improve ourselves and take better care of the world we have been intrusted with.  For myself and my family,  I pray for health and prosperity.  For the world I pray for peace and that hunger be stamped out world-wide.  If we think of ways to help out, I pray that we all do something to make the world a better place by the way we live our own lives. 

This year is ending, and a new one beginning...  Let's make an effort this year to make things better for as many as we possibly can.  Every year is a chance to start over.  This year, when you make your mental list of things you'd like to do, or write it down so you don't forget, determine in your heart to be a happier person and bring joy to the lives of your own loved ones, even if you can't do anything to help those who are in need outside of your own family.  All life is sacred.  The world is a beautiful place.  Let's all make the effort to share our positive outlook for the future with everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment